Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Pattern

I'll start out by telling about the pattern that I'll be using. After coming across a copy of Nora Waugh's Corsets and Crinolines, I decided to use a pattern that she took from an original pair of stays from the late 1820s. The pattern was reduced to 25% of its proper size in order to fit onto the page of the book, so in order to used, it must first be enlarged to 100%. The book does not include instructions for the pattern, but there is a section in the back of the book that discusses the construction of corsets. Consequently, this book really isn't for beginners.
I've already re-sized the pattern to its full size by using the grid method for enlarging patterns (more information about the grid method, click here), and cut out the pattern pieces on a cheap material so that I can fit the corset.

-Rebekah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home