Sunday, July 30, 2006

More work on the fit. . .

I cut out the third muslin this week and tried to figure out the remaining issues with the way the corset fits me. The alteration to the side/back seam was really helpful, but now that I've got that part figured out, I realized another problem -- not to fear though, because I think I might have found the solution! The stays seemed to fit everywhere save for the bust and shoulder straps -- they felt rather loose, even when I tightened the laces in the bust area. I also wasn't very happy with the. . . um. . . uh. . . bust shaping, either ;) So I tried shortening the straps a bit, and it really helped a lot! The fit of the top no longer felt odd compared to the fit with the rest of the stays. I'm going try moving the centermost bust gusset toward the center by at least half an inch to help with the bust shaping, too. Looks like I'm going to have to cut out a new front panel for the muslin, but if this works, it'll definitely be worth a try!

I don't have much else to say, so that's all for now. I'll post about construction later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home